Luis Suarez is the star striker of the Uruguayan football team who played for Ajax and Liverpool before joining Barcelona. He became famous for all the wrong reasons, including Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini, at the 2014 World Cup. However, he is still considered one of the best strikers in the world and was the top scorer in Europe. . His aggressive nature in the countryside is attributed to his difficult education, which is plagued by poverty, and to a broken family where his father left his mother to raise seven brothers. His childhood love, which was finally married, and his saving grace had a positive impact on his life and put him back on track. Today, he is one of the highest paid football players in the world with a net worth of more than 40 million dollars.
Childhood & Early Life of Luis Suarez
Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz was born on 24 January 1987 in Salto, Uruguay, with Rodolfo and Sandra Suarez. His father was a poor mixed-breed janitor who had African ancestors. His family moved to Montevideo to work when Lewis was seven years old.
- He has seven brothers. His older brother, Paulo Suarez, is also a professional footballer who played in the national football league in Guatemala. His childhood was suffering from poverty and it was so hard to afford a pair of football boots. However, this did not prevent Lewis from pursuing the sport started playing in the street.
- His mother encouraged him to introduce him to Orita, a rich football club in Montevideo. Suarez scored as a substitute in his first friendly, and from there began to climb a big player.
- At the age of nine, while playing Loretta, he was discovered by Wilson Perez, who was looking for a national youth team. When he was 12 years old, his father left the family and had to his mother and grandmother to fight for raising children. By that time, Suarez was working to open a career with Nacional.
- He was not very bright at academics, nor was he interested in becoming a professional footballer. However, his family condition and condition gain something to motivate him to practice the sport.
- I was in the wrong company when I was a teenager and started drinking, but things changed when I met Sophia Balbi when I was 15 years old. She had a positive influence in her life and now is his wife.
- He played his first professional match at the National Youth Club against Cuba Libertadores. Although the match ended in a 3-2 defeat, Suarez scored his first high-level goal with an impressive aerial strike. Then he went to play National 34 times and scored 12 goals for them. He was the main striker who helped them to lift the 2005-2006 Uruguay League.
- He made his international debut in football as a member of the Uruguay team, which reached the elimination phase of the 2007 U-20 World Cup, played in Canada. Lost in USA UU. But Argentina won the championship. The Luis Suarez exhibition helped to understand the dynamics of international professional football.
- After the U-20 World Cup, he received offers from Groningen and Ajax football clubs to play professional football. He joined Groningen for a short time and then seized by Ajax 7.5 million euros. During his five-year contract with Ajax, he scored 111 goals in 159 appearances for the club and was recognized as the Dutch footballer of the year.
- He was named by Liverpool for a whopping 22.8 million euros and became one of the most expensive players in 2011. His brilliance with the ball helped his team to win the Champions League and the “Golden Boot “for him. Football of the year.
- Lewis wanted to be closer to his wife, so Liverpool left to join the Barcelona club 75 million pounds. Is one of his three main striker with Messi and Neymar. After being part of the team, they recorded their second historic victory in the prestigious continental trio of La Liga, Dalí Cup and the Champions League.
Luis Suarez played a key role in fourth place in Uruguay at the 2010 FIFA World Cup ™. He also helped his national team win the 15th American Standard Cup and was named player of the tournament in 2011. He won the national team at the 2012 Olympics Against Chile. Uruguay saw Uruguay in the UEFA Cup in 2013, scoring a decisive goal against Spain in their opening match. At the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, Suarez scored the 40th international goal of his country.
Awards & Achievements
- Suarez is still considered one of the best strikers in the world and has been the top scorer and European winner twice in his career. He is the only player since 2009 to win the “Golden Boot” with the Pichihiş Cup the same year, with the exception of Messi and Ronaldo.
- He has distinguished himself from the UEFA Champions League winning team, the Uruguay League, Eredivisie and the Spanish league during his career and has won numerous awards as the best player.
In addition to being a national striker of his national team, he played professional football for Nacional (2005-06), Groningen (2006-07), Ajax (2007-11), Liverpool (2010-2014) and Barcelona ( 2014-2017).
Personal Life & Legacy
Suarez aggression in the country is due to the difficult life he lived in childhood and the type of company he kept until he met the girl he finally married. Her love, Sofia Palpi, married her childhood in 2009. They have a son and a daughter named Benjamin and Delfina. Luis Suarez was always very close to his wife, who was his strength and his helpful worker.
- At the 2010 World Cup against Ghana, he stopped a safe goal against his team in his hand and was sent off the field. However, his team won the match.
- He was also fined for racial abuse, beating the head of an official, giving obscene gestures to the crowd and biting another player on the field three times. The Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf described “Cannibal of Ajax” after its horrible incidents.
- Has a bad reputation for collecting yellow cards and having to leave the field.
- Suarez is famous for his style of running straight to the point and pushing the ball tactfully through his opposite legs, which is known as nutmeg.
- During his career, he has supported numerous sports and consumer products, including Adidas, Pepsi and Samsung.
Famous As: Uruguayan Footballer
Age: 30 Years
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Height: 1.82 M
Born In: Salto, Uruguay
Spouse/Partner: Sofia Balbi (M. 2009)
Net Worth: $51.4 Million